Sunday, November 4, 2012

Volkswagen Beetle (the original)

An automotive icon for some, and still a highly sought after vehicle for oldtimer enthusiasts as well as kit car builders, and source of jokes and ridicule for others - the Beetle is a bit of both worlds.

To be honest, I'm on the other side with regards to the original Volkswagen Beetle: I've never liked the looks of the thing, and since it was my father's first ever car and the worst he has ever driven, I've never felt the need to try one for myself.

Still, I can't surpass the effect this Beetle had on many people, and still has. It remains a very popular car, so I decided to post a few pictures of the Beetle for those who value it so highly. Its appearance in several movies as both background car and movie star, have certainly implanted its looks firmly in peoples minds. Enjoy!

Volkswagen Beetle

Volkswagen Beetle

Volkswagen Beetle

Volkswagen Beetle

Volkswagen Beetle

Volkswagen Beetle

Volkswagen Beetle

Volkswagen Beetle

... the Volkswagen Beetle has even reached the gaming community!

Volkswagen Beetle

... probably the most recognizable Beetle in the world - Herbie ...

Volkswagen Beetle

... and if you didn't fancy the old movies, they remade it for you ...

Volkswagen Beetle

No comments:

Post a Comment