Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Land Rover / Range Rover Evoque

Even though love the Range Rover and besides the fact that I have a thing for big cars, the Range Rover also has its downsides, most of all the size & the price of the car. It is bigger than huge, and costs a pretty penny to buy, own, and keep running.

So when I first received word of a smaller Range Rover, I was quite interested, but I never expected it to look like this Evoque that finally hit the market. Wheres the four-door base design looks like a smaller Range Rover, the two-door version is certainly an unpredicted twist for a lot of people, and personally, I think it looks lovely. There's two white ones which I see daily already, and I'm still far from bored with seeing them during my daily commute.

It's no snail either: with a two liter turbo inline 4-cylinder engine producing 240hp, the Evoque can reach 60mph in 6.7 seconds, despite having half the cylinders and less than half the displacement of the Range Rover Sport, its bigger cousin.

Finally, there's the offroad capability (although I have to admit you won't find many Evoques in the woods). Like other Land Rovers, the Evoque includes the Terrain Reaction system, which now includes sport and eco mode besides the existing grass, gravel, snow, and sand modes.

Lovely machine - but I'll let you judge for yourselves...












No comments:

Post a Comment